We are always looking for the best researchers and staff to build our team. Check back for opportunities to join us in our work, we'll post positions as they become available.
Visiting Program Associate – LSRI (Full-time and Part-time)
The Learning Sciences Research Institute at the University of Illinois at Chicago is seeking to fill the position of Visiting Program Associate. There is a full-time and a part-time position available. This position supports the development and implementation of pre K-16 education improvement programs with a focus on mathematics improvement. Responsibilities may include curriculum and/or program development, serving as a liaison between the University and schools on program implementation, engaging in outreach activities and supporting key elements of the program. The position also engages in on-site-coaching, mentoring, collaborates with university personnel and project partners, and supports the overall goals of the projects. This position is dependent on funding.
- Supports the development and implementation of pre K-16 education improvement programs
- Researches and develops educational materials for specified programs and grades.
- Develops, reviews and revises related curriculum for specified programs and grades.
- Supports and coaches teachers, schools and school administrators regarding educational and teaching program changes and implementations.
- Observes and supports classroom teaching to promote teacher reflection and learning.
- Works with related Team members, authors, editors, production personnel and publishers on the development of professional development and/or teaching materials.
- Provides expertise, coaching and assistance to the education communities through conference and work- shop presentations, individual and group sessions and through the writing and publication of related articles.
- Designs, plans and facilitates professional development sessions.
- Prepares related reports, findings and making recommendations for change.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- Requires a minimum of a Master’s Degree in a related discipline which may include Reading, Literature, Mathematics, Science, and/or Education, along with advanced knowledge of related principles and practices.
- Prior teaching experience in the related discipline and education/grade levels is required.
- Demonstrated abilities to communicate and write for students, teachers and school administrators in the particular discipline.
- Requires excellent communication, organization, analytical, presentation and computer/pc skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) along with other related software.
Interested candidates must complete an online application at https://jobs.uic.edu/job-board/job-details?jobID=98631&job=visiting-program-associate-lsri and include a cover letter, resume, and three references by August 2, 2018.
The University of Illinois at Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The University of Illinois may conduct background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.